Cheese and Ginger Beer Tea Scones
This one uses the absolutely gorgeous Ginger Beer tea from the summer collection of Bluebird which is equally amazing cold brewed! And hot, come to think of it. Basically it’s the perfect tea for everything!
Don’t forget you can get 20% off your first order from Bluebird Tea Co. with the code ‘TBMTEABIRD21’!
- 225g strong white flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40g diced butter
- 100g grated cheese
- 125ml milk
- Cayenne pepper for sprinkling
- 4 tbsp Bluebird Tea Co. Ginger Beer Tea
- Add the milk and tea to a pan and heat till boiling point. Then allow the milk/tea to cool back to room temperate before straining out the tea leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl
- Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Add in most of the cheese
- Slowly add the infused milk until the mixture forms into a soft dough
- Roll out the dough to 1.5cm and cut into circles
- Place on a greased baking sheet
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and cayenne pepper on top
- Bake for 15min
- Serve and enjoy!